“You could be playing, one of the best golf courses you’ve ever been on, while a hippopotamus snorts or a wild lion roars.“
11 Nights, 6 Rounds of Bucket List, Unlimited Lifetime Memories!
Have you ever dreamed of playing the game we love alongside zebras and giraffes in a private reserve? This Bucket List Experience is a dream of many and we have curated the perfect itinerary to explore the best South Africa has to offer. Our itinerary encompasses 12 days of travel, tapping into our favorite spots across South Africa, which is roughly 3 times the size of Texas, including our favorite South Africa pastime: Game Drives!
There are great days and then there are lifetime memories. These world class golf courses, the wildlife, award winning wineries and the standards of service throughout all of Africa will make sure that you have an abundance of them to take home.
Pricing & Registration Details
$14,299.00 per Double Occupancy Golfer
Based on 18 Golfers Traveling
PROJECTED DAILY ITINERARY & FEATURES
11 Nights of 5-Star Accommodations
6 Rounds of Bucket List Golf
Full Breakfast Daily
All Ground Transportation & Domestic Flights
Sightseeing Tours & Safaris
Selected Dining Events
In-Person Garmany Golf Concierge Service
- Arrive into Cape Town International Airport
- Depart FL on September 2 as crossing International Date Line
- Connecting Flight 4Z637 departing at 3:15pm to George
- Check-in: Fancourt hotel
- Dinner on Property
- Golf Round #1: Fancourt, Montagu Golf Course
- Afternoon at Leisure
- Dinner: 101 Meade Street Restaurant
- Golf Round #2: Fancourt, The Links
- Afternoon at Leisure
- Dinner: South African Braai on Property
- Transfer to George Airport
- Domestic Flight 4Z622 departing at 8:40 AM (1 hr) en route to Cape Town
- Check-in: Table Bay Hotel
- Remainder of the Day at Leisure
- Dinner: On Property
- Full Day Cape Peninsula Tour
- Lunch at Black Marlin Restaurant
- Dinner: At Leisure
- Golf Round #3: Steenberg Golf Club
- Wine Tasting at Steenberg Wine Farm
- Lunch: Bistro 1682
- Dinner : At Leisure
- Golf Round #4: Pearl Valley Golf Course
- Lunch: The Valley Restaurant
- Dinner: At Leisure
- Full Day Cape Town City Tour
- Table Mountain
- Robben Island
- Lunch & Dinner: At Leisure
- Transfer to Cape Town Airport
- Domestic Flight to Nelspruit (4Z663, 2.5 hr Flight) departing at 10:25 AM
- Check-in: Lukimbi Safari Lodge
- Afternoon Game Drive
- Dinner at Lodge
- Golf Round #5: Leopard Creek Country Club
- Dinner at Lodge
- Golf Round #6: Leopard Creek Country Club ~ Rematch!
- Afternoon Game Drive
- Dinner at Lodge
- Transfer to Kruger Airport
- Flight Home to be originated from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP)
Important Experience Information
What airports should I plan to fly in and out of?
You’ll want to schedule your flight to into Cape Town International (CPT) to connect with the domestic flight to George and depart from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP) for your flight back to the US. The included transportation would be from and to these airports, respectively, on the 4th and 15th of September 2024.
The included flights in the Experience would be from
- Flight 4Z637 (15H15/16H10) CPT/GRJ
- Flight 4Z622 (08H40/09H40) GRJ/CPT
- Flight 4Z663 (10H25/12H50) CPT/MQP
Please contact the Concierge Team if we can be of assistance with arranging alternative airport transportation or assist with booking flights.
What will the weather be like during our stay?
Springtime in Capetown is bursting with color. The rains ease up a little, falling only five to eight days each month. Temperatures are between 13°C (55°F) and 21°c (70°F), and most days are 14-16°C (57-61°F).
What currencies are used in South Africa?
The currency utilized in South Africa is the South African Rand (R) and is currently trading at .059 USD to 1.00 Rand.
Will I be able to get cash and use credit cards while in South Africa?
You will find that most major credit cards and debits cards are nearly universally accepted in the larger cities, in addition to ATMs at the hotels.
How much cash should I bring?
We recommend bringing minimal US dollars, i.e. $75-100, with you and then accessing the local ATM’s upon arriving in Cape Town. The ATM’s will dispense the local currency and your bank will automatically calculate the exchange rate. Your own bank will typically provide the most favorable exchange rate available to you.
How many meals are included?
A full breakfast will be served every morning. Additional meals include:
- Dinner at a venue at The Table Bay Hotel (including gratuity but excluding drinks)
- Lunch at Black Marlin Restaurant (including gratuity but excluding drinks)
- Lunch at Bistro Sixteen82 (including gratuity but excluding drinks)
- Lunch at The Valley Restaurant (including gratuity but excluding drinks)
- All meals at Lukimbi Safari Lodge
What Tours or Sightseeing Experiences are included?
We have included a few sightseeing and touring opportunities in the Experience:
- Private Full Day Cape Point Tour, including (Cape of Good Hope, Funicular & Boulder’s Beach)
- Executive Wine-tasting Experience at Steenberg Wine Farm
- Guided Full Day Winelands Tour including (Wine-tasting and lunch) – For Non-golfers only
- Private Full Day Cape Town City Tour (including Table Mountain & Robben Island Tickets)
- Game Drives at Lukimbi Safari Lodge
What is the cancellation policy for this Experience?
All deposits and final payments are non refundable. However, we highly recommend purchasing a travel insurance policy through Travel Guard , AIG.
Please contact a GG Concierge if you would like assistance with a quote for travel insurance.
What if I want to play additional and optional golf?
If any Guest wants to play additional golf, even at the spur of the moment, your GG Concierge can arrange optional golf for you. Optional golf can be arranged well in advance of your departure as well. Please consult the GG Concierge Team for golf options.
Can I play 36 holes a day if I want to?
Absolutely! Please let a member of our Concierge Team know and we will be happy to set up additional tee times for you.
Can I arrange to ship my golf clubs to South Africa?
Yes! We partner with Ship Sticks, the leaders in golf club shipping, and can arrange for your golf clubs to be shipped directly to Fancourt to await your arrival and home following your Experience. This is a great option to help ease the hassle of traveling and better yet, to prevent the terrible misfortune of missing or the delayed arrival of your golf clubs due to the airlines.
Please contact the Garmany Golf Concierge Team at Experience@garmanygolf.com if we can be of any assistance to you.
- This Experience is priced in U.S. Dollars.
- Due to the volatile nature of the exchange rate, any increase exceeding 1% of this rate on the date of payments using the rates shown on www.oanda.com will result in a corresponding adjustment in price, which will be applied to all payments.
- All Ground Transportation with respect to airport arrivals and departures included are based on the fact that all Guests will arrive and depart from Cape Town Airport. Additional charges may be incurred for airport transfers that occur from any other airport as well as multiple arrivals and/or departures requiring additional ground transportation services will incur supplementary charges depending upon the additional services required. Additional charges may be incurred for any airport transfers that occur on other arrival or departure days.
- Caddies and/or carts may be arranged at the request of the Guest, provided such services are available.
- All caddie fees and gratuities and cart fees are the responsibility of the Guest.
- A current handicap certificate from a bona-fide golf club may be required for all Guests who are playing golf during the Experience. Play could be denied if a valid handicap is not presented.
- Once Registration is launched, we ask for deposits within 3 days to confirm the pricing offered at the current exchange rate. If deposits are not received within the expected timeframe, the pricing could be subject to an increase.
TRAVEL GUARD, TRAVEL INSURANCE
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CANCELLATIONS: Once tee times and accommodations have been booked and confirmed, and the requisite deposits have been placed, there are no refunds of any deposits or final payments made by Guests or the representative club.
Garmany Golf strongly recommends travel insurance to protect any Guest against any unforeseen circumstances that may cause a Guest or club to cancel participation in any Experience.
ADDITIONAL AND OPTIONAL BOOKINGS, AND PAYMENTS: At the request of a Guest, a Garmany Golf Concierge will be happy to book any non golfing tour, activity or additional round of golf before or during the Experience. Please be aware that an administrative or booking fee may be added to any such booking. In the event of such a fee, the Guest will be notified in advance of the fee and have the opportunity to decline the booking confirmation.
All Guests agree to provide a valid credit card in advance of the Experience that may be used for payment for any additional tour, activity or additional (non included) round of golf booked during the Experience for the Guest.
Garmany Golf, as the tour operator, and its selling agents, act only as agents in securing and booking the hotel accommodations and other land tour services provided by others as independent contractors. Garmany Golf, its selling agents or the specified air carriers assume and accept no liability for injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, changes or inconvenience caused by: any force majeure – health risks – reason of war or threat of war – riots – civil strife – terrorist activity – industrial disputes – acts, omission, neglect, delay or default of any person engaged in providing any tour services including transportation and accommodation – technical problems to transport – closure or congestion of airports or ports – building work – extended hotel closure – cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines – interruption or failure of public utilities outside the control of the hotel and similar events beyond our control, including storms, tempests and hurricanes.
Garmany Golf is not liable for loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, for personal injury, accident or illness on any vehicle or at any place throughout the tour. Garmany Golf reserves the right to cancel an Experience if circumstances so require. In the event of such, Garmany Golf will make a full refund to travelers of all payments received in respect of the Experience. Such a refund of payments will be the full extent of Garmany Golf’s obligation and liability to travelers. Garmany Golf is not responsible or liable for any property damage caused by a Guest. The Guest assumes all responsibility for incidental charges, damages and any necessary replacements needed that may have been caused by the Guest’s visit.
The Garmany Difference
Can passion be a differentiator? You bet it can! Especially when that passion, to do it better, to go beyond, to exceed expectations, is exercised in the interest of making sure our Guests have the Experience of a lifetime.
We work incredibly hard at building great relationships with every Partner who will play a role in your Experience, whether it be a golf course, a hotel, a ground transportation provider or ANY OTHER critical component in your journey. Those trusted relationships will be a difference maker when you become a Garmany Guest!
Everyone knows that travel and big events are ripe with opportunities for frustrations, of all types and varieties. NO BRAINER. SEAMLESS. EASY. When a Garmany Golf Guest describes the process of creating their Experience, arriving, departing, being at a foreign place and all of the logistics involved, with those words? Well, that’s us doing what we do.